What we've spent so far:
- Home study Application $250
- Home study Fee $1250
- BCI & FBI Fingerprints $140
- Placement Agency Application $200
- Placement Agency Program Fee #1 2250
- Passports $300
- Paperwork fees to complete Dossier paperwork (including birth and marriage certifcates, employment letters, notarization, certification and authentication of all documents, courier fees, copying, shipping) $1083
- International Adoption Clinic at Children's Hospital for Special Needs Checklist Review $400
- I800A Application with USCIS (US Citizenship & Immigration Services) $890
- Placement Agency Fee #2 $2260
- China Placement Fee $1150
- Homestudy Transfer Fee Total (our homestudy agency closed mid-process, so we got to pay to transfer our homestudy) $518
- Placement Agency Fee #3 (Referral!) $1508
- Placement Agency Post Deposit $1000
- Translation Fee $360
- International Adoption Clinic Referral Review $640
- Grant Applications, copies and mailings $122
- Letter of Approval overnight mailing $32
- Grand total Paid as of August 28: $14, 353
Fees to Come:
- Visas $140
- Round Trip Flights $2600-$4000
- In-China Travel and Accomodations $3300-4400
- Adoption Registration & Notarization $400-800
- Child Passport $100-150
- Orphanage Fee $5748
- Food in China $700-800
- Child Physical & Photo $90-120
- Child US Entry Visa $230
- Upcoming Total From Now Until We Get Her Home: $13, 308-$16, 388 (I just had to pick my jaw up off the floor as I totaled that up)
*We still have $3200 of funds raised previously from the garage sale and other donations to put toward the remaining fees.
*That leaves us with between $10, 108 and $13, 188 to raise in the next couple of months.
TOTAL FOR PROCESS: $27, 661 - $30, 741
After We're Home:
- Post Adoption Services w/Home Study Agency (China requires 6 home visits once she's home over the course of 5 years) $1800
- Child's Birth Certificate ?
- Court Fee ?
- Medical care provided by International Adoption Clinic at Children's Hospital as well as pediatrician, surgeries, therapies, medical/dental care ???? thousands! We have a high deductible plan, so we'll have to pay at least the first $3000, and a percentage after that. We're not sure yet what all her cleft lip/palate needs will entail.
Stay tuned for more on adoption costs, living frugally, grants, & fundraisers!