Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sci-Fi Stomach Bug

Being a parent is weird.  Jeremy came home from work Wed. saying he was going to throw up.  He never throws up, so I just blew him off. Ten minutes later he started puking and didn't stop for 12 hours.  Two hours after that, Ben said he was going to throw up.  I thought he was just having sympathy pains.  Wrong.  He started puking and didn't stop for about 10 hours.  It was bad.  Really bad.  Like something out of a sci-fi movie.  Jeremy couldn't get comfortable, he kept moving around really sporadically, up and down, rolling on the floor, on his knees, etc.  It was very weird.  Our one dog started humping him in the middle.  Nice.

A couple hours later, in the middle of the night, Ben started acting the same way.  Very jerky movements and not being able to hold still.  It was like something out of a sci-fi movie!!  He finally found comfort laying on his stomach on the corner of my bed.  He fell asleep there on his tiptoes.  I couldn't help but laugh and take a picture.  I was literally between the two of them in my room and bed the whole night.  They had simulteneous heaving at a few points.  I don't know how I haven't gotten sick yet.  I'm still holding my breath.  Sam and Allie are both okay so far too, knock on wood.  I spent yesterday cleaning and disinfecting the entire house, so I'm sure if the rest of us are going to get it, it will be now that everything is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment