They originally told us they had hoped to reschedule in a few weeks, but they weren't able to fit her into the schedule until the beginning of spring. They have to block out 4.5 hours for her surgery and coordinate 2 surgeon's schedules, so fitting that in is not easy.
So we wait some more.
It has recently been pointed out to me that waiting is the ongoing theme in our life these days. Waiting through the entire process to bring her home, waiting while in China to be able to come home, waiting for jet lag to pass, waiting for adjustment to happen, waiting for surgery to come. And now more waiting.
I was pretty upset at first, but there is nothing I can do about it. I trust that there is a greater reason why she was not meant to have the surgery today. It will happen when the time is right for her, so we'll wait for that time to come.
In the meantime, she's been pretty busy rocking some new skills: