Monday, June 10, 2013

Celebrating 2 Years!

Two years ago today, Allie was carried off a plane from South Korea and leaned straight into my arms for the first time.  It was such a surreal moment, one I still can't wrap my brain around.  After all the paperwork, waiting and worrying to get her home, in the end, she was literally just handed over.  Ours forever.  What a blessing and what an adventure she is!  We love to joke that she has defied all our expectations; we had thought we'd be getting this tiny, soft-spoken, quiet little girl... she is NONE of those things!  She is a LOUD, BOLD and FEARLESS little girl who literally never stops talking, even in her sleep.  We wouldn't have her any other way!  Happy Gotcha Day, Allison Hee Young!

I never tire of watching her homecoming video, and I never get through it without crying:



No comments:

Post a Comment