Friday, March 22, 2013

It's Time

Lately I just can't get the orphan crisis out of my head.  It's a problem so ginormous that we can't even wrap our brains around it.  I've found myself so mad that we as Americans are so easily able to go on with our lives and ignore what's happening around the world.  I've wanted to write about what's on my heart but often don't for fear of offending.  Lately I've read some amazing blogs that say what I'm thinking.  I've posted one here below.

I'm tired of hearing people say they think WE are awesome, that they WISH they could do what we're doing.  We are not awesome.  We are simply moving one foot in front of the other in an attempt to live a life that puts others first.  We are not special or unique.  We just believe that God will equip us with what we need to make ONE LESS orphan.  You can do it-- He will equip you too. 

I'm ready for more of you to step up.  Put down your Starbucks.  Turn off your fancy cable.  Take a break from planning your posh vacation.  And THINK about how you would feel if this was YOUR child in these conditions.  It's TIME for all of us to put others first.  Start by reading this:

For the Love of One: Orphanage visit part 2: I had to wait to write this post. Yesterday I was too angry to write it out, but I want to write it while it's still fresh in my mind....


No comments:

Post a Comment