Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Story of the Van, Part 2

We thought we had completed The Story of the Van, but much has happened since I posted the story!
Part 2: 
Before we bought the new big van, Jeremy and I each had a Toyota minivan. His was much older than mine, so we sold it when we bought the new van. The plan was for him to drive my minivan and I would drive the big van. But we quickly realized it was silly for me to drive the big van during the week during the day with only one kiddo home. Evenings and weekends (and snow days, for the love!) we use it a ton. But it’s a big van to drive with just one kid on board! Then Jeremy started driving it to work, but that was a waste of gas.  
Then a solution appeared in the form of a tiny Toyota Echo… a compact, itty-bitty car that Jeremy came across at work. For $600 and a little bit of work, he now proudly drives his teeny-tiny beater car to work, saving tons on gas. And I have my choice of which van I need during the week.  We continue to crack up about the Echo. It looks like it could almost drive up inside the big van!  They are quite a sight together. But truly that little car is such a blessing too, and a hilarious companion to the big van!
In fact, we’re brainstorming for names for the little car and the big van.  We've talked about David and Goliath or something like that… very open to ideas you’d like to pass along to us! Help us out!




No comments:

Post a Comment