Thursday, August 16, 2012

Deceived

Yesterday was such a beautiful day and the kids spent the morning playing outside.  I realized they were playing so quietly and so nicely that I should sit down and read my book for a while.  I was sitting in the house keeping an "ear" on them, they were right out back in the sandbox.  I was blissfully reflecting on how well they were playing together and loving that I had a moment to myself.  Then mommy-gut kicked in and I thought to check on them... and the bubble burst.  They were all dumping buckets of sand on their own heads.  How they didn't get it in their eyes I don't know.  I got them out and started stripping them down to come in and shower.  Got down to Allie's diaper, started to take it off and stuck my thumb in gooey poo.... it was up her back and all encrusted with sand.  Nice.  That's what I get for taking a moment!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment